Your baby is your top priority. However, your own body and your baby’s nature might betray you when you try to provide your baby with the best. In fact, breastmilk is the only full source of energy and all nutrients packed together that your baby needs to grow.
Often, many babies cannot drink directly from breasts. They reject breastmilk because they cannot place their mouths around the breast properly or they cannot suck well. Other than that, your body often goes through trouble producing enough breastmilk.
Apart from that, even though you would love to be with your baby all the time, whether you are a working mom or not, it is not always possible. It can be a family call, friends invite or work that tears you apart from your baby for a while. But, you do not want to expose him to formula milk.
In such cases, the best way to deal with your baby’s hunger and nutrition is by feeding him bottled breast milk. You can be away from your baby while someone else does the job for you, your baby can also adjust to the nipple of the bottle. Furthermore, your breast will also get accustomed to producing the right amount of milk.
You can deal with engorgements easily through this. However, the wrong breast pump can make the process lengthy and even painful at times. Therefore, you need to find the best breast pump that is perfect for your breasts.
Finding the best breast pump is not easy. You will find one feature you want in one but it may not include everything else for you. This is why you need to be equipped with the knowledge and also look very hard.
What is the best breast pump?
Before we talk about the best breast pump, let us get a clear idea about what a breast pump exactly is. Breast pumps usually have a cup-shaped breast shield that cups your breast to pull out the milk. This cup is connected to a tube-like structure that leads to a bottle or bag for collecting the milk.
Finally, this whole thing is operated through a power source that is a motor run by either battery or by directly being connected to an electric outlet. So, you see breast pump basically pumps out the milk out of the breasts and collected it in a bag.
Now, what is the best breast pump? Apparently, the answer is quite subjective. All bodies are different and the way mothers use it in is also different. Therefore, there is no one best breast pump for all but the best breast pump varies from person to person.
Our buying guide will show you the way to find the best breast pump for you.
What We Have Covered
- 1 Best Breast Pump: Breast Pump Reviews
- 2 1. Spectra Baby USA – S1 Plus Premier Rechargeable Electric Breast Pump.
- 3 2. Medela Pump-in-Style Advanced (Includes On the Go Tote).
- 4 3. Spectra Baby- S2 Plus Premier Electric Breast Pump. (USA)
- 5 4. Haakaa Breast Pump Third Generation. (Manual)
- 6 5. Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump.
- 7 6. Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps.
- 8 7. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump.
- 9 8. Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Portable Electric Breast Pump with LCD Screen.
- 10 9. Haakaa Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump.
- 11 10. Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump.
- 12 Best Breast Pump: The Buying Guide
- 12.1 1. The Type- That serves your purpose right.
- 12.2 2. Single or Double- Depends on the time you have at hand.
- 12.3 3. The Suction Power- Whatever enhances your breasts’ capacity.
- 12.4 4. The Power Source- Whatever puts you at ease.
- 12.5 5. The Portability-You do not want to make your commutes harder.
- 12.6 6. The Storage Compartment- Where does all that milk go?
- 12.7 7. The Size- Because not all will fit your body.
- 12.8 8. Accessories- What you may wish for.
- 12.9 9. LCD Display and More.
- 12.10 10. Cost and Warranty.
- 12.11 Best Breast Pump: The Conclusion
Best Breast Pump Reviews: Our Picking, Ranking and Rating Policy
When you go out to buy directly from brands, they will tell you about the pros of their products and the cons of other brand’s products. So, why should you trust our reviews? Because of the sheer effort, we put in to find the best ones, choose them and know them.
We have chosen the best breast pumps and ranked them based on three relevant criteria:
- Product Quality.
- Real User Experiences.
- Brand Reputation.
Furthermore, we have checked famous sites like Amazon, Walmart to help user ratings and reviews to help us judge and rank. The ones that have the highest ratings occupy our top positions sequentially.
Apart from that, our experts on mom and baby products have done in-depth researches on each of the products 10 best breast pumps to review them. You will know not only the good but also the bad about each of the products.
You will definitely have the best experience if you buy any of the ten best breast pumps from our list. Because they are actually the best.
Best Breast Pump: Breast Pump Reviews
1. Spectra Baby USA – S1 Plus Premier Rechargeable Electric Breast Pump.
- INCLUDES: Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double/Single Breast Pump,
- CLOSED SYSTEM: No need to clean the narrow tubing
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Spectra S1 has a convenient, inbuilt rechargeable battery.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: Each mother can customize her pump’s settings to her own body’s response
- MOMMY OWNED: Spectra Baby USA is owned and run by Registered Nurses, Board Certified Lactation Consultants.
As a mother with millions of chores to do, it would be so helpful if you could move around while pumping breast milk. Fortunately, this Spectra Baby S1 lets you do exactly that. This breast pump is not only lightweight but is powered by a cordless rechargeable battery.
So, you can sit or move hanging the pump around your neck or waist with a ribbon and let it do its job. Furthermore, you get plenty of options to set it right how you need it. Firstly, you get to choose the mode-letdown or expression.
Apparently, when you turn to a mode, you have to manually change it so if you lose track of the time it may cause a shortage of milk. Other than that, you get twelve different speeds you can set the suction to. While many people were delighted with this feature, some still found that the power was not enough and it was not helping them produce enough milk.
The pump may require some time to get charged. Other than that, the tube has a closed system so it won’t be troublesome to clean it. However, the tube tends to fall out or not fit at times.
Another thing everyone loved about this pump is its quiet operation. No one will notice it’s working and it even vibrates to create a soothing feeling. It also features a timer and also nightlight that comes quite handy.
While this pump is affordable, it is not exactly cheap. Therefore, you may expect better accessories like bottles and stuff with it. However, the ones that come with it are not of the best quality.
2. Medela Pump-in-Style Advanced (Includes On the Go Tote).
- #1 Physician Recommended Breast Pump Product in the U.S.
- DISCOUNTED MONTH OF 24/7 LC Breastfeeding Support: Receive 30 days of discounted access.
- DOUBLE ELECTRIC BREAST PUMP: Pump in Style is designed for daily use and moms who pump several times a day.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS AND ACCESSORIES.
- COMPLETE WITH COOLING ACCESSORIES: Removable cooler bag holds contoured ice pack and 4 breast milk bottles.
What is the point of pumping milk if all that milk goes to waste? No point if you ask me. Thankfully, the Medela Pump saves your milk from rotting if you are away from a freeze or your baby with all its accessories.
Apparently, it comes in a bag with bottles and also a cooler system. This cooling system is the magic hand behind keeping your milk fresh and alright for consuming later. Apart from that, its motor stays in the bag it comes with and you can fit a lot more than just milk products in this bag.
The bag is quite stylish but in case you do not want it, you still have to buy it. Other than that, the pump is great with its features to let you control the speed. It starts at a letdown mode where the suction is great and speedy and you can switch it to a slower motion at the click of a switch. While it does have a natural sucking rhythm, the motor often becomes less powerful with time. You may have to change the batteries frequently to solve this issue.
Other than that, the breast flanges come in very limited sizes so it may not fit all. The tube has an open system so milk gets in there and it needs cleaning. While cleaning may not be that difficult, you will have to leave it for quite a while to dry before next use.
This is a great pump to have, especially for working mothers. Although it is not the lightest, it is still quite portable because of all the added accessories it has.
3. Spectra Baby- S2 Plus Premier Electric Breast Pump. (USA)
- INCLUDES: Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double/Single Breast Pump,
- CLOSED SYSTEM: No need to clean the narrow tubing because Spectra S2 has a closed pumping system that keeps tubing dry by preventing air flow between expressed milk and pump tubing while pumping.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: Each mother can customize her pump’s settings to her own body’s response.
- MOMMY OWNED: Spectra Baby USA is owned and run by Registered Nurses.
Want your milk pumping game to be strong and fast/ then, this Spectra Baby S2 may just help you out. Apparently, it is one of the best pumps available in terms of power and adjustability.
When we say suction power, we do not mean hospital grade power but the personal-use one. While it is not the greatest, most mothers using it at work and home are delighted with it. Moreover, you can adjust the speed to twelve different levels and there is the option for two modes as well.
With the letdown mode, you can be comfortable with a light, steady flow while the expression mode will let you speed things up. Furthermore, it vibrates and gives a natural baby suckling feeling. This naturally helps the milk flow.
Apart from that, this pump has a closed system so cleaning the tubes won’t be a hassle. What you may not like are the accessories. Apparently, accessories like the tube, duckbill, bottles, etc. Are neither well-made nor do they provide a convenient experience.
The tube often loses its connection and the duckbill often falls off. These are very irritating to experience. Furthermore, the markings on the bottle fade and are often not even accurate.
While these brand claims to be BPA-free, the quality of the accessories does not align with the statement.
4. Haakaa Breast Pump Third Generation. (Manual)
- The award-winning and best-selling Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump, recommended by nursing mums, magazines, celebrities, doulas and lactation consultants all over the world!
- This Breast Pump lets you express milk using the power of natural suction!
- Generation 3 improves upon the classic Haakaa Breast Pump by introducing a screw-on attachment system!
- All Haakaa Silicone Breast Pumps are made with FDA-approved, high-quality food grade silicone and are BPA, PVC, lead and phthalate-free.
If electric breast pumps are not your thing then this Haakaa Third Generation manual pump may just change your world. Apparently, when there are lesser ways to innovate, greater ways of innovations come out. Haakaa did exactly that with its third generation pump.
It does not include any charger battery or cords. You have to pump it manually by squeezing the bulb. Therefore, there is no way to adjust your speed or suction but by using your own hands and strength. This will let you customize it, however.
Apparently, what will amaze you is the convertible pump. After you are done the pumping, you can convert the pump to a bottle itself. All you have to do is just put the nipple lid on it. You even get removable handles with it for your baby to hold easily.
As there are fewer parts, it is easier to clean as well. However, many people exclaimed that the Second Generation of the Haakaa was much better at increasing milk flow. With this Third one, you cannot get the most out of your breasts because the suction seems to be decreasing as the pump fills up.
Other than that, the pump sticks out a bit so your baby may be able to kick it away if you are nursing him on the other breast. It often does not arrive with a stopper which you really need. Other than that the measurement may not always be accurate.
It offers great value for the amount you pay and is a great portable pump to have at home.
5. Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump.
- More comfortable pumping position due to unique design.
- Soft, textured massage cushion helps stimulate milk flow
- Compact, lightweight design of the pump body makes it easy to hold and position on your breast
- Compatible with other Philips Avent feeding products, such as Natural and Classic bottles and breast milk storage containers
- Natural bottle 4oz with a newborn nipple: 1 pcs
You have definitely heard of Philips. So, you can imagine the quality of the product this brand will provide. Apparently, the Philips Avent Manual Comfort pump does full justice to both suits name and the brand’s name.
The main strategy this pump follows is improved performance by providing more comfort. Apparently, it has a somewhat fluffy and soft looking massage cushion that also has textures on it. So, when you are pumping, your breasts will enjoy full comfort and a gentle massage which may just increase your milk flow.
Apart from that, you do not have to lean forward when you are letting down. Not only your breasts will be in comfort so will be you as you can just sit in a relaxing position. However, it may not suit all as the size of the cushion may not fit all. You will have to order separately if the size does not fit. Other than that, a few customers mentioned that the suction is not as great for them.
The pump has a few parts which are easy to clean and dry but may warp over time. This pump is quite easy to pump as well which makes it more convenient to use. Apart from that. Many customers complained about a loud squeaking noise this pump makes. While it’s true, a customer suggested lubricating the lever of the pump to be done with this trouble.
6. Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps.
- Bellababy Double Electric Breast Feeding Pumps Closed System Pain Free Strong Suction Power Touch Panel High Definition Display.
- Come with 2 pcs of milk storage bag adapters and 10 pcs of storage bag,moms can express to the milk storage bags directly by the adapters.
- Closed System,4 modes and 9 levels of suction for choice,massage and stimulate breasts before pumping,comfortable and pain free.
- High definition Screen,display the working mode,suction level,time and battery status etc clearly.
The name Bella always reminds me of Bella from the movie Twilight. And, Guess what that movie is all about? Sucking Vampires. So, you can totally expect these breastfeeding pumps to suck the milk out of you like a vampire would suck the blood out.
Apparently, these pumps have such a great suction power that it may actually make you feel uncomfortable and some moms reported bleeding nipples. Guess the vampire thing is not a joke? Apparently, you get four modes and nine speeds to choose from. The discomfort form the suction can somewhat be nulled by the comfort of the massage cushions.
Other than that, it is easy to charge and usually holds battery well expect in a few cases. The suction power sometimes decreases with use but this too was reported by only a few customers. Apart from that, the display is quite helpful as it displays a lot of useful information.
Cleaning these pumps is not the easiest. While it does not have many parts, the closed system makes it a bit difficult to clean. Sometimes milk gets under the cushion as well. The bottle included with these cannot really stand upright without support.
So, they need to be kept in the plastic racks. It is an affordable pump and it is small enough to be easily portable. But, you may find better ones if it does not suit you.
7. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT PUMPING: Harmony is a manual pump that has been designed for the occasional time when you’re away from your baby.
- EASY TO USE: Manual controlled vacuum allows you to adjust the suction for the most optimal comfort level and efficient flow of breastmilk.
- RESEARCH-BASED TECHNOLOGY: Unique to Medela breast pumps, this research-based and patented design allows mothers to pump more milk in less time.
- INCLUDES: (2) 5 oz/150 ml breastmilk bottles with lid, bottle stand, (1) valve and (2) membranes
It is rare for people to come across products that are better as manual than electric. I mean, really, electricity has been literally like the light of the world in darkness. How can people prefer manual over electric pumps?
Apparently, mothers whom the electric pumps with their suctions do not suit can try this manual pump out to go at their own pace. Apparently, these are quite easy to pump with the ergonomic swivel handle. In fact, you have to push at the upper part for a stimulating suction and the lower one for express. This actually comes quite handy when you are pumping.
You do not have to put much pressure either. Moreover, breast flanges are quite comfortable. A 24mm sized flange comes with the package but if it does not fit you, you have to order separately. The only big inconvenience with this manual pump is that you have to work with both hands on it.
Apparently, it has helped the smooth milk flow of many mothers and helped them get done with pumping in a short time. The bottles are quite useful as well and the pack comes with a holder.
However, let us talk about the worst part of the pump- The O-ring. Apparently, this pump has a rubber O-ring to control air in the pump. This O-ring malfunctions over time and makes the whole pump quite ineffective by reducing the suction.
While a few customers could get better suction by replacing this O-ring many could not. So, eventually, this manual pump loses suction leading to irritation.
If this does not happen, you will love using this manual pump occasionally as an alternate cheap option to electric ones.
8. Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Portable Electric Breast Pump with LCD Screen.
- VERSATILE & EFFICIENT: This double electric breast pump is the ultimate in comfort, with 3 pumping styles & 8 suction levels to match baby’s feeding patterns & maximize comfort & milk production.
- FLEXIBLE & HYGIENIC: A hygienic closed system design keeps breastmilk from backing up into the motor or tubing to help prevent mold & bacteria.
- CONVENIENT & HYGIENIC: Lansinoh breast pumps allow you to pump directly into our pre-sterilized Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags for convenient, hygienic pumping that saves precious breastmilk & time.
Lansinoh is another reputed brand in the breast pump industry. It probably stands somewhere after Medela and Spectra. Apparently, it does one of the finest jobs for those who are perfect for it.
Firstly, it lets you adjust to one of the three modes for pumping and one of the eight speeds. You can make the suction as similar to as your baby’s sucking as you can. This actually helps the milk flow more naturally.
Furthermore, the flanges are quite comfortable as long as they fit your breasts. But, they are not available in a wide range of sizes so finding the right size may be difficult. While this is an electric pump, it is not the best for frequent times outside home.
Apparently, it does not connect to all rechargeable batteries and neither does it hold its charge for long. Although it is compact and lightweight, it can be a pain to take on trips. Other than that, the suction power does not always stay the same.
It is great while it works but often it just stops providing ample suction. Apparently, the suction is great for single pumps but not the best for double pumping. Other than that, you may have to place the bottle quite uncomfortably to not leak the milk or obstruct flow.
9. Haakaa Silicone Breastfeeding Manual Breast Pump.
- The original Haakaa silicone breast pump with a NEW LOOK and accurate volume measurements. Award winning, best-selling, nursing mom and lactation consultant recommended.
- Patented design. Pat. No. USD810,925S. Haakaa USA and Parents Favorite are the only authorized retailers. Counterfeits will be removed by Amazon.
- Material: 100% food grade silicone. Soft and comfortable. BPA PVC and Phthalate Free
- Easy to use and easy to clean.
It seems that the same brands are attending to different pumping needs using various approaches. Apparently, the Haakaa Silicone breast pump is for those ladies who have serious letdowns from the inactive breast when they are feeding their child using the other. This is one aspect that this breast pump never fails.
Apparently, if you want to put in the least effort when pumping and collect as much milk as you can then this pump is a great option. However, make sure you place the flange right because it can be very painful and ineffective when placed wrong. Once you do place it right, your life may just change.
You will be collecting more leaks easily and your flow may increase quite smoothly. In fact, you will be left wondering what you did so right to get so much flow. However, it does have a few problems and the first is inaccurate measurements.
Other than that, the bottle it collects the milk in is easy to spill over. Also, the pump itself can be easily kicked off by the child.
In conclusion, it is a great pump mainly for catching letdown but not for hardcore pumping that has strong suction for fast flow.
10. Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump.
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breast Pump Product in the U.S.*
- HOSPITAL PERFORMANCE IN A PERSONAL USE PUMP: Inspired by our Symphony pump, Sonata is a double electric breast pump offering hospital performance in a personal use setting.
- SMART CAPABILITIES: Seamless connection to the MyMedela app allows for streamlined and personalized tracking, as well as access to a wealth of breast milk feeding content and resources.
It seems like there is a monopoly in the breast pump market. Medela is back again to amaze us with its Sonata breast pump. You can expect all the best features from it as you would with any other Medela Pump.
Apparently, this is another super comfortable pump with convenient settings for you. You can adjust it to various pumping rhythms and also two modes. In fact, it starts at expression mode and automatically switches to letdown mode after two minutes.
There is the touchscreen display that makes setting it to various modes easy as a breeze. You can completely customize the settings to whatever is natural and comfortable for you. Apparently, the flanges are comfortable as well as long as you find the right fit.
The pump will collect ample milk in a moderate amount of time. However, you may find assembling it a bit difficult or length as there are many different parts. Moreover, you may need some time to adjust the tubes. All these make it a bit difficult to clean as well.
Moreover, this is not easily compatible with anything else but its own brand. So, finding replacement parts is hard and expensive. It is small and lightweight enough for carrying easily.
However, its parts are heavy for hands-free pumping. Sometimes it leaks as well due to the poor attachment of the tube. Other than that, it holds a charge for quite some time.
One of the best things about this pump is that it is incredibly quiet. You can even conduct a video conference while letting the pump do its job.
Best Breast Pump: The Buying Guide
1. The Type- That serves your purpose right.
Like any other convenient machine available out there, breast pumps have various types too. Apparently, you will definitely find one that suits your purpose and budget.
- Personal Electric Breast Pumps: Do you plan to use your breast pump quite often? Then, this personal breast pump may be a good choice for you. It sounds like what it is- a personal breast pump that you can keep to yourself.
The Electric motor is used is either powered directly through an outlet or through batteries. Apparently, this pump is in total the size of a briefcase. Therefore, you may face some difficulty if you travel a lot or carry other things to work. So, it is not the best for portability.
However, the pump can follow a pattern for extracting milk. It can mimic a baby’s sucking and be very aggressive at first and eventually slow down the sucking power. This will lead to increased milk flow.
It is quite powerful and alright for frequent use. A bit expensive but if thsi is what you need, it is worth the price.
- Hospital Grade Electric Breast Pumps: If you do not always pump out your milk and are on a budget then the hospital grade electric pumps can do a great job. Apparently, this is not only huge in size but also very expensive. This is why people do not buy it but hospitals just rent it out.
So, you can rent this pump to meet your short time needs. Furthermore, it works very fast and effectively. It is very powerful so you will be done very soon.
Furthermore, you do have to worry about germs getting around because these pumps are designed in a way so that the milk does not come in contact with it.
- Small Battery Operated Pumps: You may be using the breast pump just to collect the milk when you are occasionally out. The main concern in such a case is portability. You can just easily rush to a bathroom and pump milk through these smaller breast pumps.
These mainly win because of their portability. Otherwise, they are quite slow to pump as they are not very powerful. Moreover, they may cause some discomfort. However, they are quite affordable.
- Manual Breast Pumps: These pumps can be of various sizes but they differ from others in one aspect- power. Apparently, these pumps use your hand’s mechanical energy to power through pumping. They use no electric outlet as a source or batteries.
You will find various mechanisms in which these pumps work but the most commons the cylinder and syringe style of power. This is best to use if you pump only occasionally and from home or a hotel. Furthermore, these are slow.
In the case a blackout occurs, you know which kind of pump to look for. Other than that, these are much cheaper than electric models.
- Hands-Free Breast Pumps: Does work never leave you alone or are you just a workaholic? If you have a lot to do then it will be helpful if the pump does everything for you on its own after you attach it to your breasts. Then you can focus on doing something else and making the most out of time.
These hands-free pumps attach to your breast and keep your hands free. But, you may at times find it difficult to set up.
2. Single or Double- Depends on the time you have at hand.
Single pumps are those that work with one breast at a time and possibly arrive with just one cup. On the other hand, double breast pumps work on both breasts together. You can guess which one gets everything done faster- the double breast pump.
If you are on a tight schedule or want to save time to have some peace then the double breast pump is the way to go. However, comfort and efficiency always come at a higher cost. So, double pumps will cost you more than single ones.
Furthermore, double pumps may accelerate and increase your milk production abilities.
3. The Suction Power- Whatever enhances your breasts’ capacity.
Your breast will feel more comfortable and at peace when it faces a natural sucking process. Apparently, some breast pumps have a suction power that sucks similarly to natural baby sucking. Which is basically fast and aggressively at fast and slowing down in the end.
If you have specific speed in mind then there are breast pumps that let you set the pace at the touch of a button. You can go rapid or you can go easy on yourself. The main idea is that if you want to increase your flow, the suction power may help you.
4. The Power Source- Whatever puts you at ease.
If you live at a place where load-shedding is quite common and you depend on pumps to feed your baby, an electric pump may not be the best idea. Well, if the pump gets its motor moving only when plugged in then it may just stay idle most of the time you need it.
A good option in these cases will be a battery-powered on. However, rechargeable batteries also need an electric source for recharging. So, the non-rechargeable one will do better in this case. Apart from that, if you do not pump that frequently a manual pump will save both electricity costs and you.
Therefore, choose the power source for your pump.
5. The Portability-You do not want to make your commutes harder.
If you will be commuting from work to home while carrying the breast pump then you want it to be compact and light. Apparently, in the long run, you may have to give up using a heavy, expensive pump because it gets so hard and frustrating for you to carry.
Other than that, make sure the pump comes in a nice bag which has everything you need to be arranged well in it.
6. The Storage Compartment- Where does all that milk go?
If you are pumping at work and plan to breastfeed your baby, you cannot just throw the pumped milk away. Therefore, the bag or case you carry the pump it should have ample space to hold the pumped milk packs as well. Furthermore, space should be such that no extra pressure falls on the packs that risk leaking them.
Moreover, it would be better if the bag is odor-resistant and also easy to clean. Because in the long run, you may expect some spills or leaks that you need to get rid off.
7. The Size- Because not all will fit your body.
We already know that everyone has a structure and size different from one another. So, it is natural that all breast pumps will not make you feel comfortable or work perfectly on you. Therefore, choose the pump size wisely for yourself.
The cups of the pump should fit your breasts perfectly. Other than that, you can choose a small one or a big pump depending on what is easy for you to carry.
8. Accessories- What you may wish for.
Not all breast pumps come with parts to suit specific purposes. If you have any specific purpose you need to be fulfilled then you should look for a breast pump that has features and accessories that will help you. However, be aware that a specialized feature will also cost more.
Furthermore, check the number of parts your breast pump has. You do not want to spend a long time cleaning it properly. The higher the number of parts, the more difficult and lengthy it is to clean the pump. So, choose an easy to clean part because you need those extra minutes with your child and for peace.
9. LCD Display and More.
Since pumps are electric, you can definitely expect an LCD display and interface to make it more user-friendly for you. Through such interfaces, you can easily set your pump right. Furthermore, it can also keep the pattern you most use at the top.
10. Cost and Warranty.
You do not have to spend much on a breast pump if you do not use it frequently. The bulkier, heavier models are good for renting if you need them. However, for frequent and personal use, you can choose the mid-range ones available.
Going too cheap may cause more trouble and repairment issues so it is best if you invest one time in a quality product. Apparently, it will save your formula milk costs in the long run.
Apart from that, buy a breast pump that has replaceable parts. For example, if the first stops working, you can try buying a motor to replace the existing motor instead of the whole pump.
Other than that, look for good warrant terms. Also, if you have health insurance, ask the company if they cover breast pumps. Because many do.
Best Breast Pump: The Conclusion
As a mother, you have no end to things that are exhausting you and taking up your time. Amid all that, mother nature has given your breasts the capacity to produce milk which leads to even more pain when gone wrong. Your little one does not always need so much milk and may not be in the mood all the time. In fact, you need your time out as well.
In such cases, a breast pump becomes essential to ease suffering. However, the wrong and the inefficient breast pump may add to your sufferings rather than reducing it. Therefore, you have to carefully choose the best breast pump available for yourself. Our buying guide and breast pump reviews will show you the way.